To be honest, I don't know what meme means. I know they are usually not especially wanted questions that are sent by another blogger. No one I know blogs or feels comfortable sending me a meme. So I found one at zazzafooky.com via one of my favorite blogs, The Anchored Nomad. Anyway, here goes:
1. My uncle once: raced my ex-aunt back to their house (in the car) going faster than I would like to say publicly.
2. Never in my life: have I read a Harry Potter book all the way to the end.
3. When I was five: it was hard for me to remember which hand was my right and which was my left. (No one showed me the "left makes an L trick!")
4. High School was: a time of anger, cynicism and uncertainty
5. I will never forget: the look on my dad's face when he was unfairly fired from his job
6. I once met: a man who was very nice but also more annoying than any other person I can think of.
7. There’s this girl I know: who needs happiness more than any other person I know. I miss her and value our conversations.
8. Once, at a bar: I had a really gross shot called Buttery Nipple. Never again.
9. By noon I’m usually: thinking about food and a stout drink
10. Last night: my pet rat Lenin died, I'm ashamed that I wasn't strong enough to put him to sleep before he got to that point.
11. If I only had: the peace that surpasses understanding and the faith to accompany it
12. Next time I go to church: I will be a couple weeks older than I am now
13. Terry Schiavo: Made me very sad and frustrated
14. What worries me most: the tragic and unexpected occurring, also being old and alone
15. When I turn my head left, I see: red Sour Patch Kids, three yellow folders, a Diet Mountain Dew and my purse
16. When I turn my head right, I see: my office phone, headphones and other sundry boring things
17. You know I’m lying when: My face turns red and can't look you in the eye
18. What I miss most about the eighties: crawling on orange carpet and vintage MTV, wind-up Winnie the Pooh toy
19. If I was a character written by Shakespeare, I’d be:
someone in Much Ado About Nothing
20. By this time next year: I will be cooking for some percentage of my income
21. A better name for me would be: Charlotte
22. I have a hard time understanding: why religions that preach love and tolerance lead to hate and animosity
23. If I ever go back to school I’ll: take more classes that I will have to truly work hard to understand and party only after finishing the necessary work
24. You know I like you if: I ask your opinion about something related to me and ask for your help
25. If I won an award, the first person I’d thank would be: TAR for making sacrifices on my behalf
26. Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferraro: misunderstood, genius, funny name that I've used to describe what I get, a female role model
27. My advice: take care of yourself, show love whenever possible and be discerning
28. My ideal breakfast is: both sweet and savory ~ a delicious omelet with avocado and other craaazy ingredients, a crisp belgian waffle with lots and lots of fresh strawberry sauce plus Grand Marnier and whipped cream on top, fresh Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
29. A song I love, but do not have is: anything by Jimmy Chamberlain Project
30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest: visiting Free State brewery and having a picnic by Potters Lake
31. Tulips, character flaws, microchips & track stars: Are for a spring wedding, unfortunately necessary, used to track lost pets, and have incredible muscle mass.
32. Why won’t people: always be honest with themselves
33. If you spend the night at my house: I'll make you dinner, unless you are named Sean and are a newly-transplanted Seattle resident.
34. I’d stop my wedding for: nothing that I can think of
35. The world could do without: spam of all kinds
36. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: be forced to eat it or do anything else related to Fear Factor
37. My favorite blonde is: any of my Southard cousins
38. Paper clips are: scarce when you need one the most
39. If I do anything well, it’s: offering a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on
40. And by the way... sometimes I'm optimistic to the point of being really annoying