Monday, July 28, 2008

New Definitions

I've defined myself by a certain string of phrases for a long time...drinker, sometimes partier, puts food in mouth (because of the aforementioned)....etc. I think before those definitions I was too insecure to realize how great I had it. The struggle to fit in, the lack of knowing where I was going...all led to some really awesome self-destructive behavior.

So now there are new definitions. I don't even know what they are yet. I do know that I'm being looked after by many, and finally feel really really safe. All the distractions seem less somehow.

I'm going to take the Certified Dietary Manager test in October. It involves a drive down to Colorado Springs, a 4 hour exam, and lots of studying. Work paid for the test, which was really expensive, and Mom paid for the overpriced study guide. I have that to focus on.

I also get paid vacation starting in September. I'm probably going to have to use some of that time when I don't want to, but thats part of the way things are right now. I'm going to be able to spend time with my family and not have to give up money to do it!

The Democratic National Convention is coming to town in late August. I feel lucky I don't live close to downtown. I am just not that patient ~ with traffic, with people walking on the 16th Street Mall, with standing in line.

I'm going to be at home a lot, when I'm not working or riding my bike. E makes hemp items...I might learn to do that. But first I have to study for that expensive test that promises lots of success and rewards if I pass. ;-)

No comments: