Saturday, July 11, 2009

Things My Parents Told Me About Food that Weren't True

Went to the Farmer's Market in Lawrence today and got to thinking about what my parents (actually my Mom now that i think about it) told me about food that was not true.

1. Red and yellow and orange peppers taste like green.

2. Spam is delicious.
>>Dad made me a Spam sandwich and one bite told me this was not true

3. English muffins travel well in lunch boxes.
>>I recently found out that English muffins are part of a category called "hide bread." Items in this group do not taste cooked unless they are toasted. I thought it was just me being picky, but it turns out that a lot of people don't like it either.

4. Allspice is a blend of cinnamon, allspice and clove.
>>it is actually a berry that is its own spice. You can make an approximation of allspice using these ingredients but its not the same thing.

5. You can freeze everything and it will be ok to eat once it is reheated.
>>I will let you use your imagination here. =)

No comments: