Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What to Say

I make a collage every few years with pictures of people, photos and sayings. Some of the sayings are very meaningful and some are just snippets from a magazine.

One quote I am reflecting on more and more these days:
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning. "
~ Louis L'Amour

Thinking about that made me realize I have kept none of my New Years' resolutions, because the reverse is also true. You have to finish before you can begin.

I have a fairly good start on my resolutions now, which is more scary than empowering.

They say that making a serious mistake one time is natural, normal and understood by most. (Depending on what it is, of course.) Doing it again can be considered stupid, defiant or just not caring. I have been guilty of all of those things. While I wasn't capable of changing before, it is now time to do what I have refused to think about and work on.

What I have, I care about too much ~ it is too important to screw up.

No comments: