Friday, October 24, 2008

Time Flies

I can't believe it has been a month since I have posted. A lot has happened in that time...October has really sucked, for lack of a more eloquent term. I can't ever remember anything bad that has happened in November, at least in recent memory, so next Saturday will be a blessing.

We're staying in CO for Thanksgiving. Have a menu and everything...its going to be a lot of fun ~ both preparing for it and enjoying "the fruits", so to speak. I get Turkey Day off as a paid holiday and am taking a 3-day weekend after as well. I'm going to miss my family but Christmas will be less than a month away. Going to Kansas for that.

Hmm, what else. I'm not writing specifics of what has happened this month because most of it I'd rather forget. No one died, no one got sick or injured and all the basics (shelter, food, job/school) stayed the same. There was just a lot of unnecessary stress that occurred all at once.

I will say that tomorrow is the Certified Dietary Manager exam in Colorado Springs. I hope it is not too difficult. A little over 70% passed when it was given this past March and my work is paying for it...I'm confident, which has more than can be said of late.

No comments: