Monday, December 13, 2004

Rant

Its Monday but I'm already dreading Friday. That usually blissful day will include an overload of Christmas cheer following a trip to Schnucks. What is that? Schnucks? It sounds like something you'd blurt to avoid offending your grandmother. E. is right. I do a lot of fairly nontraditional (not the word he used) activities for my job. I've stopped thinking why and have restarted the zen-like bliss I want to have every day whilst looking at these beige cubicle walls.
If you are at all familiar with the obscenity case involving 2 Live Crew, let me know. I will be thinking a lot about it tonight.
Why do people feel pressed to comment when they see a newborn with a lot of hair? Children aren't usually born blind and hairless like my sweet rodent babies. Or maybe I've been led astray all these years.
Some people spam blogs. Those people are sick and wrong.
If you bring an food item for the adopted families, you do not have to attach the ornament stating what it is to the package. I know the heavy jar with thick red liquid is spaghetti sauce.
Mr. G, I know you are single and meeting that special someone is important. But your cologne made me throw up in my mouth...just a little. If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
Today I'm meeting Sir for lunch. I have a feeling I'm going to get no help on what to get him for Christmas. He may end up with a cigar like last year.
The song I'm really digging right now is Outlandish's Aicha. Yes, they are a more creative, European, swarthy version of the Backstreet Boys. But that song is so sweet and catchy. The best part is that Aicha seems to be a single mother and the O-boys are just fine with that. With lines revering God and choice French phrases, they got themselves a hit.

If you get a chance, check out http://andreaseigel.typepad.com/afternoon ~ her entry for today is funny, sweet, sad and incredibly well-written.



No comments: