Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Pondering

I gripe a lot about the weather. I think this is because I don't have a lot of other problems. My body doesn't ache, I don't have any lousy kids to deal with and my job is boring but adequate. These past 2 days though, the sun has been shining, the temperature has reached at least 65 degrees and its just been all-around perfect. I don't even mind that my allergies are acting up.

I read the Lawrence Journal-World because the local stories they carry are a lot more interesting than the local Courier-Press. I'm not saying the articles are of higher quality, but the layout is visually pleasing. Anyway, today's article about Ann Coulter participating in the KU lecture series brought back memories of Stephen J. Gould (the most frustrating speaker to comprehend ever) and Al Franken (less liberal and even more hilarious) at previous events.

Coulter was heckled, no surprised there. I was surprised that most people interviewed were in favor of her right to speak. I don't know exactly who the LJW chose to get quotes from, or even if the quotes were in context. With them, its sometimes hard to tell.

On another note, I'm going to interview for another job! Its with the organization that publicizes and promotes events in the tiny, former utopian community of New Harmony, about 35 miles away. Very excited about that!!

1 comment:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

I keep my fingers crossed for your interview or in German: Ich drücke Dir die Daumen!

Nat