Monday, January 23, 2006

Word of the Day

I woke up in the middle of the night and with the idea that every day I could feature a different word in my blog, and encourage readers to use it. At 2:30 am, I said to myself Emily, you are a genius. I think I smiled dreamily and rolled over after that.


Anyway, today's word is precipice. It is a noun, meaning a cliff or the brink of a hazardous situation. Say it to yourself and then out loud. Especially if you are mostly alone but there's a slight chance of someone hearing you say it.


Then try to work it in to casual conversation. As in, "My you seem to be standing at the precipice of being fired," or "Wow, look at the view from that precipice over there."


If you do this, please let me know. I will do my best and report back.

No comments: