Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ashamed

I feel bad for how long it has been since I've updated, but here's a short list of what has happened:

1. Had a buyer for the house who decided he didn't have enough cash but decided to leave us hanging. He is "a relation" so we cannot egg his current abode, as much as we would like to. We think he was perhaps dropped on his head when he was a child.

2. Talked with a 95 year old woman who has full mental capacity. However, she has been without her husband for the last seventeen years and has diminished physical abilities (cannot hear or see or eat or move around by herself).

3. Found out that I'll be an aunt around Valentine's Day. I love babies and children and am psyched about this experience to come.

4. My Mom is the most helpful, loving person who once again came through for us. She is the perfect mother-in-law as well.

5. Moving is a pain. You hear everyone talk about it but it truly is. Especially if it is more than a move across town. Colorado better be the modern-day promised land because there is no way we are coming back here. Even if the mountains disappeared tomorrow. No way, no how.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Em!!

Sorry to hear that the sale of the house didn't go through. It'll happen, sometimes they sell better empty.

I wish I could have said good-bye to you. I came over to the cube and you were already gone. I'm glad I got to meet you, I think you are a very special person. It's such a good thing that this corporate world didn't bend you.
Stay cool and enjoy the next phase of your life.

I'll post now and then to keep you up on the "happenings" here in E'ville.

(Hugs!)Kim