Monday and Tuesday are my last days of Essentials of Dining Room.
Its been an interesting experience. I don't know what else there is left to cover in Advanced Dining Room, which I'll have in the spring.
One of the most interesting (and unexpected) aspects of this class is all the French we are learning. We are serving food for the French Cuisine section and the entire menu is written in French.
Wednesday I start "New World Cuisine." It should be called "Grilling and Frying" but that wouldn't sound as good.
Stole this quiz from Maggie:
1) When was the last time you went to the bathroom outside?
when we went hiking last
2) When was the last time you saw one of your parents?
August, right before I moved out here. I'll see mi madre in less than 2 weeks, woo hoo
3) Which family member do you most resemble?
the postman. shhh
4) Do you wear cologne/perfume?
I mostly collect it rather than wear it because i have "hoarding tendencies"
5) Do you wear deodorant?
yes. Degree to be exact
6) Do you 'clean up nice'?
Dude. I always look nice, even if it is only in my mind.
7) When was the last time you tripped and fell?
i took a spectacular dive when i was running with Maelynn back in July. Sprawling and all.
8) Where was the last place you slept besides your home?
the Subaru while it was raining
9) What are you listening to right now?
rats chewing and cars traveling.
10) Have you ever started an uncontrollable fire?
yes and it burned burned burned. That ring of fire.
11) Ever run out of gas on the road?
no but I know someone who has done it twice
12) Would you rather cut the grass or rake the leaves?
Mags is right. No one says "cut the grass". I would rather MOW than rake. Because raking is pointless. The leaves will just fall again. And you can mow leaves!
13) Your name spelled backwards?
ylime. y lime. hehehe.
14) What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
a stupid stupid Blackberry update that did nothing to help me access the internet. You'd think the tech would've figured that out ahead of time.
15) Last time you swam in a pool?
Eeesh. Jeff's experience at the Y made me wary. I don't remember.
16) Have you ever been in a school play?
2nd grade. I was forced!
17) How many kids do you want?
having a big family would be neat. maybe 4. So there would be an even number for rides at the amusement parks. Its weird to ride with strangers when you're little.
18) Type of music you dislike most?
anything that involves random screams and shaking and asks the listener to "interpret the meaning themselves." Its like throwing something on the sidewalk and calling it art.
19) You registered to vote?
20) You have cable?
no, satellite but thinking about that and the bill makes me upset
21) Ever prank call anybody?
22) Best friends?
23) Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
sky diving. but someone would have to push me out
24) Do you have a garden?
used to have some herbs before the move
25) What's your favorite comic strip?
I like Foxtrot
26) Bath or Shower, morning or night?
shower. night. I used to like bathing but it involves too much doing nothing
27) Best movie you've seen in the past month?
Hmm. Maybe 3 Kings. I have seen bits and pieces of Anchorman though and love it even MORE
28) Favorite pizza topping?
spicy italian sausage
29) Chips or popcorn?
popcorn with lots of stuff on it
30) What color lipstick do you usually wear?
see question #4. But I do love me some gloss at times.
31) Have you ever smoked peanut shells?
No. I usually stick to whatever fits in a hookah
32) Orange Juice or apple?
orange. freshly squeezed
33) Favorite type of chocolate bar?
34) When was the last time you voted at the polls?
Fall. Not for My Man Mitch. You can bet on that.
35) Last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
at Dad and Peggy's
36) Are you a good cook?
kinda. Chef Johnson would deg to biffer I bet though
37) Ever order anything from an infomercial?
no but if i'd had a credit card at age 12 I would've been in serious trouble. Especially one of those things that made 1000s of julienne fries.
38) Sprite or 7-up?
39) Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work?
Yeah but the worse the uniform the shorter the time I worked there.
40) Ever thrown up in public?
I take great pains to avoid that.
41) Would you prefer being a millionaire or find true love?
Hmmm. What if I already have one of those? Huh? Huh?
42) Do you believe in love at first sight?
sure, there was this half-Japanese guy in St. Louis and i was in 8th grade and I felt it. Electric.
43) Can ex's be friends?
sure but not when you get all bitter on them when they least expect it. I mean, of course they can.
44) Who was the last person you visited in a hospital?
Vincent, when he had a valve in his heart replaced with that of a pig. 2 years ago i think
45) Did you have a lot of hair as a baby?
yup and i looked native american. No one has ever said that but that was the first thought in my head when I saw the pics
46) What message is on your answering machine?
"hi, this is emily..." I have a telephone voice that is higher-pitched and kind of dumb.
47) What do you think about most?
right now, alcohol. That's just sad though and it shall pass.
48) Favorite form of travel?
I really enjoy swinging. In a swing.
49) Ever drink rotten milk?
I have had some enter my mouth but did not swallow. At school we call this the "sip and spit" method.