Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Why I Couldn't Be a Vegan

So I got this vegan cookbook from the library called Veganomicon, by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. I'm gonna ask for it for my birthday because I think a reduced amount of animal products is really healthy. I'll never stop eating meat because of the enjoyment factor....could never give up seafood and sushi.
Anyway, I tried a recipe with agave nectar in place of a refined sugar or honey (which isn't vegan) and really really didn't like it. I don't mind foods that taste fake..Diet Coke, which is alright or pretty good, depending on my mood and Splenda, which I deal with when there's no alternative.

Agave Nectar tastes fake and is real. This I have a problem with. Take some honey, add water until its really runny and add a slight bit of lemon. There you go.

No comments: