Sunday, February 06, 2005

Kokoro

So I'm reading this Japanese novel (J was assigned it for psych. lit) and it is really amazing. The word doesn't have a direct English translation but basically means the "heart of things." So far, the plot is focused on the relationship between the Sensei and a student and their friendship. I read the plot summary first, out of sheer curiosity/laziness, which has helped me focus on the dialogue more than I would usually.
"...is it not possible that you are also a lonely person? But I am an older man, and I can live with my loneliness, quietly. You are young, and it must be difficult to accept your loneliness. You must sometimes want to fight it."

Have you ever gotten a song that you've not heard in years and years stuck in your head? Right now I have Randy Travis's "Out of My Bones" going over and over.

No comments: