Wednesday, February 02, 2005

I finally found one food that I just cannot stand. Cabbage soup. I followed the recipe (closer than i do most) and ate a small bowlful, hopefully the last one of my life. The cabbagey taste and texture reminded me at first of the small pieces in the vegetable soup that the Boy Scouts serve at their annual Chili Feed. But then the nostalgia was surpassed by...something else, something very unappetizing. I bet you are saying to yourself, "I could've gone a VERY long time without knowing that." If my dad reads this, I know he will think that to himself.
Right now, thinking of my dad leads me into thinking of his dog, Velvet, who is dying of kidney failure/old age/other ailments. We're going to say goodbye to her this weekend. I'm glad she's not in pain and still enjoys life though.

No comments: