Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Outspoken

I've been kind of following the news coverage of the upcoming Olympics in Turin, which means I'm reading the press on the U.S. skeleton coach's alleged harrassment, an athlete who was going prematurely bald-used meds to grow hair-was accused of performance enhancing drugs, "The Flying Tomato" snowboarder, and...

Bode Miller

apparently he's an awesome downhill skier who's all like I'm too sexy for my Barilla hat. Day-um.
He's also recently discussed, among other things: athletes are punished for speaking their minds; the athletes' village at the Olympics isn't a "healthy living environment"; and his mixed feelings about U.S. Ski and Snowboard team's motto of "Best in the World!" — which he characterized as a 'clever marketing twist.'"

My favorite comment of Bode's was how hard a certain ski run is while intoxicated. =)
His attitude reminds me of a guy I grew up with, named Jesse. He almost always had a sneer on his face but had nothing interesting to say.

Changing the subject, I want to address those who think Wizard of Oz jokes are something that Kansans feel are amusing. Just go ahead and say something about Dorothy, Toto, 'not being in Kansas anymore,' or tornadoes to yourself, because you will be the only one laughing. We've not only heard every single one before, but feel they are lame to begin with. At least I do.

I'm gonna try to blog from Colorado but that might not happen, me lacking a laptop and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Colorado! Will you have your mini computer thingy with you? -M