Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ramblings

1. I have been to more Starbucks and Target stores in the last three weeks than in the previous 3 years combined. I don't feel guilty but am eager to visit more places like the specialty Indian food store I went to today.

2. It may sound obvious but a big city means more driving, unless you are extremely familiar with the area and plan your life to avoid it. I'm not a betting gal, but I think this will be the reason why we do not make the Denver area our permanent home.

3. Boulder's Pearl St. makes me long for Lawrence's Massachusetts St. I hope that Mass Street never changes.

4. I am learning to value experiences and interactions with people more than ever before. Being solitary just isn't as fun as it used to be.

5. The Red Sox' Josh Beckett needs to lose the beard and keep a soul patch. Why do beards not work on every guy?
I would like a "soul patch" of my own, but only if it doesn't have anything to do with body hair. Maybe on my backpack.

6. If anyone has tips on how to become a morning person, please let me know. I am hoping school starting at 7 am doesn't mean I will have to get up at 5 to be fully alert and avoid cutting myself.

7. Being an aunt is going to rock. I just know it.

No comments: